After Christmas is over all the decorations are down, the home always feels empty. I’m always at a loss for decorating ideas after Christmas, mostly because I am so exhausted from putting up and taking down the ridiculous amount of decorations I own.
January always makes me think of a winter wonderland scene with all of the snow that we (sometimes) get here in Virginia. This year I really wanted to bring some of that snow inside, and decided that a simple paper craft was the way to do that.
The idea behind this paper craft is to change it out each month with a new theme. This month I chose snowmen because, well, it’s winter!
- 5 different colors of cardstock paper
- Snowman, deer, Christmas Tree, and star hole punches
- Black brads
- Paper Cutter
1. Cut a white piece of cardstock to fit inside your picture frame (mine was 5×7), and the blue piece of cardstock (not pictured above) 4×6. Then glue the blue piece of paper to the white one.
2. Hole punch a snowman out of white glitter, black, and the red snowflake cardstock.
3. Cut out the snowman’s scarf out of the red snowflake paper and the hat off the black paper.
4. Glue the hat and the scarf onto the white glitter snowman and color in his nose with an orange sharpie.
5. Punch three holes into the snowman’s stomach and then insert the brads into those holes.
6. Give the snowman and eye with the black sharpie and then set him aside.
7. Hole punch a Christmas tree out of the green paper and a deer out of the white glitter cardstock. Set them aside.
8. Hole punch eight to ten stars out of the white glitter cardstock, and one star out of yellow cardstock. Then, set them aside.
9. Cut waves into your white cardstock to make snow for your picture. Do this twice and then glue them to the bottom of your blue piece of paper.
10. Place the snowman, Christmas tree, deer, and stars on the paper and glue them down.
11. Once everything is dry, put it in your frame and put it on display!
This was a fun way to bring a little bit of winter into my home, and I’m excited to change it out each month with a new decoration!