It’s no secret that I love snapping pictures while at Disney. Whether I’m taking a billion pictures of Cinderella’s Castle or trying to get the perfect angle on Rapunzel’s Tower, I always have my camera close by. In fact, my favorite place to carry it is around my neck so I can quickly take the cap off and snap away so I never miss that perfect shot. And carrying it around my neck for twelve or more hours a day can get really uncomfortable, so an extra padded camera strap is a must!
You’ll find great shots all along different paths in the parks, but I want to share some of my favorites that I love shooting while at Disney. Here are my favorite places to snap photos at my favorite park:
- On top of the train station, looking over Main Street USA and out towards Cinderella’s Castle.
- On the People Mover attraction inTomorrowland. You can get an amazing shot of Cinderella’s Castle from it!
- Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel. I love getting shots of this attraction at night with the Castle all lit up behind it.
- Anywhere in NewFantasyland. That’s probably one of my favorite places in the entire park!
- Rapunzel’s bathrooms and Tower in Fantasyland (over by It’s a Small World, The Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan’s Flight).
- Big Thunder Railroad inFrontierland. And snap a picture of Splash Mountain while you’re at it!
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. It’s the ride Chris proposed in front of so it’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
- Any type of picture of Cinderella’s Castle. I love the up close shots at night.
- The bridge leading into Frontierland from Main Street is a great place to stop and take a picture of the castle too!
- And of course, you can’t forget to take a picture of Walt and Mickey in front of Cinderella’s Castle!
I’ve heard that if you go over to Tom Sawyer’s Island you can get great shots of the Haunted Mansion. It’s definitely on my to-do list for our next trip!
What are your favorite places to take pictures at the Magic Kingdom?
And, in case you’re wondering, I follow The Time The Space Photography’s tutorial on how to edit my Disney photos on youtube. He is awesome and I love his tutorials. They’re so easy to follow! You can find them here.