My Top 10 Photo Spots at the Magic Kingdom
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
It’s no secret that I love snapping pictures while at Disney. Whether I’m taking a billion pictures of Cinderella’s Castle or trying to get the perfect angle on Rapunzel’s Tower, I always have my camera close by. In fact, my favorite place to carry it is around my neck so I can quickly take the cap off and snap away so I never miss that perfect shot. And carrying it around my neck for twelve or more hours a day can get really uncomfortable, so an extra padded camera strap is a must!
You’ll find great shots all along different paths in the parks, but I want to share some of my favorites that I love shooting while at Disney. Here are my favorite places to snap photos at my favorite park:
- On top of the train station, looking over Main Street USA and out towards Cinderella’s Castle.
- On the People Mover attraction inTomorrowland. You can get an amazing shot of Cinderella’s Castle from it!
- Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel. I love getting shots of this attraction at night with the Castle all lit up behind it.
- Anywhere in NewFantasyland. That’s probably one of my favorite places in the entire park!
- Rapunzel’s bathrooms and Tower in Fantasyland (over by It’s a Small World, The Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan’s Flight).
- Big Thunder Railroad inFrontierland. And snap a picture of Splash Mountain while you’re at it!
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. It’s the ride Chris proposed in front of so it’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
- Any type of picture of Cinderella’s Castle. I love the up close shots at night.
- The bridge leading into Frontierland from Main Street is a great place to stop and take a picture of the castle too!
- And of course, you can’t forget to take a picture of Walt and Mickey in front of Cinderella’s Castle!
I’ve heard that if you go over to Tom Sawyer’s Island you can get great shots of the Haunted Mansion. It’s definitely on my to-do list for our next trip!
What are your favorite places to take pictures at the Magic Kingdom?
And, in case you’re wondering, I follow The Time The Space Photography’s tutorial on how to edit my Disney photos on youtube. He is awesome and I love his tutorials. They’re so easy to follow! You can find them here.
Wow, those are great pictures!! I loved taking shots of the Mosaic walls inside the castle. 😉
Thank you! I love the Mosaic inside the castle too! I completely forgot about that picture spot. 🙂 I haven’t gotten the chance to shoot it with my new camera though so maybe on our next trip!
I take the night castle shot every time and it never gets old!
So true! I could take a million pictures of the castle and find something new I love about it each and every time! 🙂
I love all of Disney to take photos! I can’t wait to go back once all the new building is done.
Are you looking forward to all of the new stuff in Animal Kingdom or just in general? My husband and I are super excited for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which should open next month! I just love Disney and really, there are no bad places to take photos!
I have never been to Disney. I’m so jealous. Everything is so beautiful. I think my favorite is the castle at night. That’s just gorgeous. I look forward to reading more. I’ve followed all your social media!
Thank you! I probably have a couple hundred photos of just the castle at night, I’m a little obsessed. haha But it’s definitely a beautiful thing to take pictures of! Especially because it constantly changes colors so you get a different picture every time. I hope you get the chance to visit at least once, it’s truly a magical experience.
Thank you for following! I’m heading over to your blog now so I can check it out.
I love getting Walt & Mickey with the castle! I’ve gotten good shots of Haunted Mansion from Tom Sawyer Island and if you time it right, you can get a great shot of Big Thunder from the deck of the riverboat as it goes by!
Thanks for the tips! That’s good to know! I can’t wait to go over to Tom Sawyer’s Island and shoot from there when we go in May. I really love shooting Mickey & Walt in front of the castle any time we go, but my goal for next time is to try to to get a picture when the parks are pretty much empty. Hopefully it works out!
That picture of the castle at night is a beauty! Fit for a princess indeed. Visiting via “Wednesday RoundUp” via Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt.
Thank you! Nighttime pictures are always my favorites at Disney because of the vibrant colors. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and thank you for linking up with us!