I won a Blogger Award?!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Shannon from Mamamusing!
What is a Liebster Award? It’s an award for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers and you are nominated by someone who thinks you deserve some recognition for your blogging!
How great is that?!
Here are the details for receiving this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Come up with 10 facts about yourself so your readers can get to know you better (not a requirement, just something fun I thought I’d do!).
- Answer 10 questions that were given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Part 1: things about me!
- I started this blog to keep a record of married life and it’s slowly morphed into a record of our lives, my attempts at craftiness, and our
crazyobsession with all things Disney.
- I love photography and learned I have a good eye for it a few years back. I want nothing more than to buy a Cannon Rebel T5i so I can perfect my photography skills.
- I bought a sewing machine earlier this year because I thought it was going to be something easy I could pick up. I was wrong. It’s definitely hard but I love it!
- I love to read. A good book can keep me entertained for hours and I’m much happier letting my imagination go wild than sitting in front of a tv.
- Fall is my favorite season! I love bundling up in cardigans, watching the leaves change, and going for walks in the cool crisp air.
- I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter. I know, as a blogger, that I should interact with people on there more but I figure that is what Facebook is for.
- My husband is taking graduate classes at George Washington University and we’ll get to go overseas for the study abroad program next semester. I’m hoping we go to England!
- My husband and I met through eHarmony. Since it worked out so well for us I love encouraging others to try it out!
- I love to travel. If we’re not off on some adventure every few months, I get the itch to get going.
- I have some OCD tendencies. I hate mess and love organization. It drives my husband crazy!
Step 2: My answers to Shannon’s questions.
- Are you willing to admit you sing in the shower and if so, what song do you sing most?
–Of course I sing in the shower! I mostly sing show tunes, (Les Miserables, Cinderella, Wicked, etc.), although I am known to belt out the occasional country song every now and then. My go to shower songs are On My Own from Les Miserables and Defying Gravity from Wicked.
- You get to become a villain for a day from a Disney movie. Which villain are you?
–Hmm…I think I’d want to be Malificent from Sleeping Beauty. I don’t think I could ever kill and she never wanted to kill Princess Aurora, just put her to sleep for a very long time.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
–I embarrass myself daily. But if I have to choose one I’d say the time I was working at Borders book store and fell down the stairs in front of a ton of customers during the Christmas season. I ripped a hole in my jeans and scratched myself up pretty good.
- If your friends could describe you in one word, what would it be?
- Name a place you have traveled to that MOST surprised you.
–Seattle, Washington. We went in with pretty low expectations but we really enjoyed living in the North West. Our apartment was also pretty kick ass and in a great neighborhood with a Jamba Juice a five-minute walk away. And if you’ve ever had Jamba Juice, you understand why that was important.
- If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
–I wish people would just tell the truth. Especially politicians. The lies can be a little too much.
- How has the Internet changed your view of other cultures and people?
–I think it’s opened my eyes to other people and cultures in a good way. I’m definitely more open to people and more accepting.
- What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten, and why?
–I actually don’t eat strange food. My palate isn’t that sophisticated.
- What is the most important thing you read online this week? Include a link please!
–I read an article a recently divorced man wrote called, “Marriage Lessons: Divorced man’s top 20 things to do differently.” It’s mostly geared towards men but I think it could also be for women.
- What children’s book describes the meaning of life best in your eyes?
–Gosh, I haven’t read a children’s book in years. I mean…since I was probably five or six. I think ‘Oh the Places You Will Go’ by Doctor Seuss says it best:
“You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go,
So be sure when you step.
Step with great tact
and remember that life’s
a great balancing act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft
And never mix up your right with your left.”
Part 3: blogs I nominate (via bloglovin’)
- Trine from Creative Pink Butterfly left a comment on my blog a while back and I’ve followed her blog ever since. She’s a fellow organizer and crafter so her posts always hit close to home for me!
- Lisa from Mabey She Made It. I found her blog after she commented on my blog as well. Her blog is awesome! It has everything handmade that I love (homemade cards, sewing tutorials, home decor, etc) and can’t wait to dive deeper into her blog and explore!
- Emily from A Tossed Salad Life. I found Emily’s blog through Pinterest and have been hooked ever since!
- Amy from Life is a Trip Worth Taking co-hosts the TGIF Link Party I join every Friday. I love that her blog is about anything and everything.
- Dolly from Dolly Creates has a blog that is all about crafting and sewing. It’s my kind of blog. I found her through her link party, I Made That.
Part 4: questions for my nominees.
- How did you pick your site name?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
- What is your favorite part of blogging and why?
- What is the best place you’ve ever traveled to?
- Disney World or Disneyland? Or Neither? Why?
- What is one item you can’t live without.
- How would you rather travel: Plane or car? Why?
- What is your favorite blog?
- What is one crafting tool you’d love to have (or wish you had)?
- Where is your favorite place to write blog posts?
- (BONUS) What is your guilty-pleasure tv show?
Thank you so much for nominating me!!! I am so honored!!! I’m following your blog now too. Thank you again SO much!!
You’re welcome! Keep up the awesome work, I love your blog and can’t wait to see what you write about next!