10 Reasons to Visit WDW in the Fall
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
I love a Disney vacation as much as the next girl, but there are certain seasons I’d rather go than others. Sometimes, no matter how much fun it would be to ride Space Mountain or get wet on Splash Mountain, I’d rather just skip the parks altogether and just hang out by the pool all day because it’s so hot. What fun is that though? When you go to Disney you want to enjoy your vacation, and not drown in sweat or pass out from heat exhaustion.
This is why I am a huge fan of going to Disney during the Fall. The weather is usually perfect and there’s always something going on. In fact, it seems like Disney is hosting event after event from September to December that makes each visit to the parks special and unique.
Have you ever been to Disney in the Fall? Here are my reasons why you should plan your vacation as soon as possible!
- Lower prices. Depending on when you go in the Fall, you can get a really great deal at the Disney resorts! Because the Fall is not peak season for tourists, Disney lowers their prices which can end up saving you a few hundred bucks on your vacation! I wrote an older post about the best times to visit the Disney Parks, and you’ll find some great information about prices on it!
- Less crowds. After Labor Day kids are back in school which means the parks are considerably less crowded. Shorter wait times for attractions are the biggest draw for going during this time of year, and the fact that you don’t have to shove your way to a good spot for the parades or fireworks is just another added bonus!
- Cooler Weather. There is nothing I dislike more than going to Disney during the Summer. It’s just too hot! I am, however, a huge fan of visiting in the Fall because while it’s warm during the day it does cool off a bit at night. And by warm I mean we’re lucky if it gets close to 85 degrees. Which, let’s be honest, is pretty amazing for Florida!
- Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival. I’m a huge fan of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and wish we could go back this year! Walking around Epcot and tasting food and drinks from all over the country is so much fun and is always a great experience (even with my food allergies!). While Epcot is a fun park in itself, it’s always a fun experience being able to go and have something new to do while there.
- Free Dining. Chris and I are not fans of the dining plans (financially it just doesn’t make sense for us to do it!), but there are a lot of Disney goers who love it. If you are waiting to book your reservation when Disney offers free dining, you won’t have to wait much longer! Disney Dining is offered in the Fall, so watch out for the deals!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Last year was the first year Chris and I attended the party and we had a great time! Christmas at Disney is my favorite time of the year, and I love seeing the Castle decorated for the occasion. Make sure to catch the shows, parade, fireworks display, and head out to take pictures with some of your favorite characters!
- Resort Decorations. During Christmas, all of the Disney Resorts dress up for the holiday. It’s so fun to ride the monorail to the Deluxe Resorts and check out how they’ve decorated for the holidays. Each resort has a Christmas tree in their lobbies (all of which are spectacular), and the Contemporary hosts a giant gingerbread house that you can’t miss! On nights where the parks close early, definitely head over to the different resorts to check them out.
- Osborne’s Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios. This is by far my favorite thing to do at Disney World over Christmas! Over by the Lights, Motor, Action! stunt show is a spectacular display of lights, all set to Christmas music. Disney photographers are placed up and down the streets to take your pictures in front of some of the amazing displays, but be warned that this area is always crowded so you’ll probably have to wait in a line to do this! But, it’s all worth it to watch the show and get snowed on while doing so!
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The Magic Kingdom closes early for these types of events (at 7:00pm), but if you have a ticket to the party you can get in early (at 4:00pm). This is a great opportunity to get pictures with your favorite characters, trick or treat with your kids, dress up, and watch unique parades, shows, and fireworks displays that you can only see during this time of the year!
- Cinderella’s Castle. The absolute best part about Disney during the Fall (more specifically over the holiday’s) is the way Cinderella’s Castle is decorated. It is an absolutely amazing sight to see, and the Castle is beautiful. It should be on your Disney Bucket List!
I honestly believe that Disney is even more magical during this time of year. There is so much going on and so much joy and excitement in the air that you can’t help but feel in the holiday spirit. Disney really goes all out during the September through December months to really give guests a unique and magical experience.
Tell me what you think!
Have you ever been to Disney during the Fall? What’s your favorite season to visit Disney?
I’ve only been to Disney World once, and it was in the summer. I think it would be fun to go during the fall! I love wine, so that Epcot Wine Festival sounds amazing! And I love anything Halloween related, and that party sounds like so much fun! I may have to start planning my trip now haha.
haha Tiffany! I’ve been in the Summer as well and I definitely prefer the Fall! There’s just so much to do during that time! The Food and Wine Festival is a blast and definitely a must-do!
Agreed. We spend almost every Thanksgiving week at Disney, and LOVE that it isn’t crowded, or unbearably hot. My son is over the moon about Star Wars, so we spend most of our time at Hollywood Studios for Jedi Training Academy & Star Tours. We then drag him to Epcot & Magic Kingdom for what we want to do 🙂
We go around Thanksgiving every year too! It’s honestly the best time to go and the week after Thanksgiving is just awesome because of the low crowds and weather. My husband loves Star Wars too and we have to go to DHS and ride Star Tours at least ten times or more in a trip! haha
I love going all year long, but the cooler weather in October and November is my fave!
Definitely agree! Although, we do try to stay away from the parks during the summer. It is just too crowded and hot!
You are making me want to go! It looks like there is so much fun stuff to do and I totally believe that fall would be much better. It can get so hot in Florida in the summer!
You should go! haha We definitely stay away from Florida in the Summer because it’s just unbearable! I hate the humidity. You should use your love of vacation planning to book a Disney trip! 😉
We can’t wait to take our kids to Disney! And you have given us 10 amazing reasons to wait until fall! 🙂
I hope you get to take them during the Fall! There is so much to do with your kids during that time!