Download these Valentine gift tags that you can put on small tubs of play-doh for the perfect candy-free Valentine gift for school!
I am terrible at trying to figure out what to give people for Valentine’s Day. Especially when it comes to kids in my son’s class at school.
Our school asks for candy-free Valentine’s for the kids, and as a person with food allergies and a food allergy parent…I really appreciate this.
So this year I came up with the idea of taking play-doh and making gift tags for them! These play doh Valentine gift tags are part of a free svg roundup, and you can see all 20 files at the bottom of this post!
When it comes to making gift tags for presents, sometimes I don’t really want to deal with print and cut with my Silhouette Cameo.
The Cameo 4 is notoriously bad at reading registration marks, so I made these tags that that in mind.
You can easily use scissors to cut these Valentine gift tags instead of using a cutting machine. Which, beside all the bright and happy colors of these tags, is probably my favorite thing about them!
Use these supplies to make your own Play Doh Valentine Gift Tags
- Play Doh Valentine Gift Tags
- Small tubs of Play Doh
- Hole Punch
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT USING AND PRINTING PLAY DOH VALENTINE GIFT TAGS
Do you need a Silhouette or Cricut machine to print out these Valentine gift tags?
You will need a separate printer, we use this Canon Pixma for all of our printing projects.
You can also send the file to Staples in case you don’t have access to a printer!
What is the best printer paper to use for gift tags?
I really like Epson Presentation Paper for gift tags. It’s bright white so the colors on your Valentine gift tags will come out with vivid colors.
When you’re choosing paper, make sure it’s matte. You don’t typically want a glossy sheen on your gift tags!
Can you cut these Valentine gift tags out with a Silhouette or Cricut?
Yes you can! Just remember to add registration marks to the file before printing them!
Learn how to print and cut with the Silhouette, get tips on how to troubleshoot issues and how to set up your machine for the perfect kiss cut here.
I used scissors for these Play Doh Valentine Gift Tags because I didn’t want to deal with troubleshooting print and cut with my Silhouette Cameo 4.
But you can do whatever is easiest for you!
How do you attach these Play Doh Valentine Gift Tags to the play doh bottles?
I used a hole punch and twine I found at Target’s Dollar Spot a few years ago to attach these gift tags to the bottles.
You can tie the gift tag right under the lid for the Play Doh, though you may need someone to help you hold/stabilize the bottle while you tie the gift tag onto it!
You can also use glue and attach the round gift tags to the top of the Play Doh bottle!
FAQ’S ABOUT THESE PLAY DOH VALENTINE GIFT TAGS
What are the types of files available with this free cut file?
This file is available in SVG, PNG, JPEG, DXF and PDF.
How do you download this file?
You can download these Play Doh Valentine Gift tags by clicking this link and signing up for our email list!
You’ll get access to our free svg cut file library where you will find these Valentine gift tags and 40+ other free files you can use.
Can you use this cut file with both the Silhouette and Cricut machine?
This cut file is compatible with any cutting machine software that can open any svg, png, jpeg, dxf and pdf files.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts to Make!
- No Hugs or Kisses Just Valentine Wishes Handlettered SVG File
- DIY Valentine Mailboxes
- 20+ Candy Free Valentines for School
- DIY Valentine Paper Straw Toppers
- Deco Foil Valentine’s Day Gift Tags
GRAB 18 FREE CUT FILES BEFORE YOU LEAVE!
Every month I team up with a group of amazingly talented crafters to bring you a bundle of free svg cut files! This month’s theme was Valentine’s Day crafts, just in time for you to make all the things before the big day! You can download all of these awesome files by visiting the blog posts (links are underneath the image). All svg cut files are free to use for personal use only and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram (#svgdesignsquad) if you make one of our projects and share it!
- Valentine Doodle Heart by Persia Lou
- Always and Forever by Studio Xtine
- My Heart Belongs to Chocolate by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Candy Heart Luminaries by Oh Yay Studio
- Curvy Sweet Heart by Gina C. Creates
- Mama & Mini by Poofy Cheeks Blog
- Owl Valentine Box by Me and My Inklings
- Not Today Cupid by Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Retro Love by My Designs in the Chaos
- Valentine Unicorn by Weekend Craft
- A Love Like Gnome Other Card by The Bearded Housewife
- Okay, Love You. Bye! by The Walnut Street House
- I Love You 365 Days A Year by Sunshine and Munchkins
- Yep! Still Single by Lettered by Stephanie
- Kitten and Puppy Peekaboo Cupcake Toppers by Craftara Creates
- Love Bug Lollipop Holder SVG by Spot of Tea Designs
- Play-Doh Valentine Gift Tags by Simply Made Fun
- Cactus Valentine’s Day SVG by Tried & True Creative