Use this free camping svg to make any outdoors lover a fun camping outside coffee mug! Or you could use it on t-shirts, wood signs for RV’s and more!
It’s time for another free svg cut file roundup with all of my creative friends and this month is perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors. These camping cut files are all perfect for those nights spent under the stars in tents or rv’s!
I absolutely love our cut file on a mug, because I can just picture someone sipping on their coffee by a campfire while drinking out of this mug. But it would also look so cute on a wood sign inside of an RV or on a t-shirt/sweatshirt!
TIPS TO MAKE THIS CAMPING OUTSIDE COFFEE MUG
What type of vinyl do you use on coffee mugs?
Any time you use vinyl on coffee mugs or tumblers you should be using permanent adhesive vinyl.
Adhesive vinyl will have a shelf life of 5 (or more) years if you care for it properly!
Where can you buy adhesive vinyl from?
My favorite place to buy vinyl from is Expressions Vinyl. They always have deals going on and their shipping is fast.
Any time you buy vinyl, the Siser brand is the best. So no matter what company you ultimately buy from make sure you’re buying Siser brand!
What type of transfer tape can you use with adhesive vinyl?
My favorite type of transfer tape is Gridlined Transfer Paper because I like the use the grid to line up my design properly on the cup!
How do you get your vinyl straight on your mug?
If you use Gridlined Transfer Tape you can use the lines to line up your vinyl decal on the coffee mug.
We also have a few tips on how to put vinyl decals on a curved surface that is really helpful when putting vinyl on mugs, tumblers, Christmas ornaments and more.
Or you can use the dry hinge method which also works really well on mugs!
FAQ’S FOR CARING FOR A MUG WITH VINYL DECALS
How to wash a mug with a vinyl decal:
- DO NOT put your mug in the dishwasher.
- DO NOT soak your mug in warm soapy water.
- Handwash only. Handwashing prolongs the life of the vinyl on your cup!
GRAB 19 FREE CAMPING CUT FILES!
Every month I team up with a group of amazingly talented crafters to bring you a bundle of free svg cut files! This month’s theme was camping and there 19 free files for you to use! Download all of these awesome files by visiting the blog posts (links are underneath the image). All svg cut files are free to use for personal use only and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram (#svgdesignsquad) if you make one of our projects and share it!
- The Fun of Camping | Abbi Kirsten Collections
- Adventure is Out There | Persia Lou
- Camp More | Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Home is Where You Park It | Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Life’s Better Around the Campfire | Gina C. Creates
- Happy Camper | Color Me Crafty
- Welcome to Our Campsite | The Denver Housewife
- I Sleep Around RV | The Quiet Grove
- Give Me S’more | Dinosaur Mama
- Let’s Camp S’more | Kiy’s Craftroom
- Let’s Sleep Under the Stars | Crafty Life Mom
- Camping is in Tents | Artsy Fartsy Mama
- I’m a Glamper, Not a Camper | Liz on Call
- Camp Wander Explore | Simple Made Pretty
- Camper Box Card | The Bearded Housewife
- I’m Going Camping and I’m Taking | The Walnut Street House
- Queen of the Camper | Sunshine and Munchkins
- Make S’more Memories | Craftara Creates
- Camping Outside | Simply Made Fun
- Adventure Awaits | Tried & True Creative
MORE ADHESIVE VINYL CRAFTS!
- How to layer vinyl decals
- Beginners guide to HTV and Adhesive Vinyl
- How to apply vinyl to wrapping paper
- How to use transfer tape with adhesive vinyl
- Rae Dunn inspired Christmas ornaments