Let’s Eat Potholder
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Use this let’s eat potholder for your next summer bbq! Download this free svg and put it on potholders, tea towels, aprons and more!
It’s time for another free svg cut file roundup with all of my creative friends and this month is perfect for foodies. These summer bbq files are all perfect for those afternoon bbq’s with family and friends. And they can be used on potholders, aprons, wood signs and more!
I love our file on a potholder but it would also look really cool on a cutting board (using a laser to cut the design – you cannot put food on top of vinyl because it’s toxic!). It also works on a tea towel and apron!
Everything you need to make this Let’s Eat Potholder:
FAQ’S ABOUT USING THIS LET’S EAT POTHOLDER SVG
What type of heat transfer vinyl can you use on a potholder?
I love Siser Easyweed Heat Transfer Vinyl for most of my heat transfer vinyl projects. Stretch htv would be a good idea just because you can put your hand in the potholder and might stretch it a bit!
How long do you press each layer for a multi-colored design?
With the CraftPro Heat Press I heated it up to 315 and pressed each layer for 10 seconds.
It’s a bit of trial and error depending on what type of heat press you’re using. The best thing to do is to try to press for 5 seconds and then see if your vinyl has adhered to your shirt by lifting up the transfer sheet. If your vinyl design comes up with the transfer sheet then you need to press for a little bit longer.
Keep doing this until you find the amount of time that works for you!
Once you have every layer adhered onto your shirt, do one final press for the full amount of time (mine was 20 seconds).
Do you need to use a pressing pillow with a potholder?
Yes! You’ll need a small one to put in the pocket so that you get an even press. I love these from HeatPress Nation because they come in so many different sizes!
GRAB 17 FREE BBQ CUT FILES!
Every month I team up with a group of amazingly talented crafters to bring you a bundle of free svg cut files! This month’s theme was summer bbq’s and there 17 free files for you to use! Download all of these awesome files by visiting the blog posts (links are underneath the image). All svg cut files are free to use for personal use only and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram (#svgdesignsquad) if you make one of our projects and share it!
- BBQ Patio Sign – Abbi Kirsten Collections
- Hot Grill Summer – Persia Lou
- Smoke Show – Crafting Overload
- I Do BBQ Wedding Tags – Gina C. Creates
- Smokin Hot Grill Master – Color Me Crafty
- I’d Grill That – The Denver Housewife
- Hot Stuff BBQ – The Quiet Grove
- Hangin’ with my Grill Friend – Kiy’s Craftroom
- BBQ SVG – Crafty Life Mom
- Serial Griller – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Grillin and Chillin – Liz On Call
- I Turn Grills On – Simple Made Pretty
- BBQ Grill Box Card – The Beaded Housewife
- Grills Well With Others – The Walnut Street House
- Marinate Grill Eat Repeat – Sunshine and Munchkins
- Let’s Eat Potholder – Simply Made Fun
- Let’s Chill & Grill – Tried & True Creative
more heat transfer vinyl crafts to make!
- How to use heat transfer vinyl
- How to remove heat transfer vinyl
- Little Firecracker T-shirt (and a free file!)
- Mermaid Essentials Beach Bag
- Just Keep Swimming Swim Bag